Signs & Symptoms of Mouth Cancer
Mouth cancers are one of the common cancers in the head and neck region. The problem is that in early stages they may be mistaken for other problem as these symptoms may be caused by some more common and milder problems like tooth pain, burning sensation in mouth. But if the symptoms persist for longer period and are not resolving then one should visit ENT specialist so that diagnosis can be made and treatment can be initiated early.
These are some common signs and symptoms:
- Persistent ulcer in mouth that is not healing.
- Persistent pain or burning sensation in mouth.
- An ulcer, lump or thickening in the cheek
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue, lining of the cheek or on floor of mouth.
- Pain or difficulty in chewing or swallowing.
- Difficulty moving the jaw or tongue
- Numbness of the tongue or other area of the mouth
- Denture which is no longer fitting properly.
- Pain in teeth or loosening of the teeth
- Voice changes i.e.not able to speak properly or there may muffling of speech.
- A swelling or lump in the neck
- Persistent bad breath.