Taking care of your hearing aid
In today’s world, almost everything depends on proper communication and lagging behind in this due to hearing loss can be easily prevented by using proper hearing aid. Taking care and maintaining the hearing aid is equally important as using it.
Here are some common but important points for taking good care of your hearing aid.
1. Always store or keep the hearing aid in a dry and cool place away from heat units or direct sunlight. Don’t leave or store the aids in a car.
2. A very common point but important to remember is that always wash or clean the hands before handling the hearing aid to prevent contamination and to prevent making it dirty.
3. One should always turn off the hearing aid when it is not in use. This will prevent eating up of batteries in less time. One can take out the batteries when the aid is not in use, remember to keep them away from children. While taking out the batteries, one should clean the battery contact surface at that time only.
4. Don’t wear the hearing aids while taking shower or while swimming as water may cause problems in the aid. Never leave or keep the hearing aid in the bathroom as the environment there may be more humid. If one has a habit of doing heavy exercise, then one should remove the aids while doing exercises as the sweat may cause damage to them or make them dirty and moist which can cause infection in the ear also.
5. Avoid using hair dryers, hair sprays or any other heating appliances for hair while the person is wearing the hearing aids.
6. It is a good habit to always clean the hearing aid with soft clean cloth before wearing it on. The microphone is very small unit and can become blocked with dirt and improper handling.
7. One should check and replace the batteries at appropriate time before they drain out completely. If rechargeable, they should keep in mind to place them in the charging unit daily.
8. One should be careful while removing the hearing aid and if possible always remove them on soft surface to prevent damage from ill-timed or accidental fall of the aid on floor.
9. Don’t try to use any tool or try to repair them yourself. Always contact your doctor or audiologist for any problem.
Few days back, got ulcers on the throat due to which unable to even inhale or eat or drink anything. Come to Dr. Satinder and really it was really a safest and quickest treatment i got and started normal diet within 3 days.